Susan qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist in 1983 from the University of Reading. Since then she has worked continuously in the Profession: for the first 15 years working in the NHS and achieving the role of Acting Manager of Paediatric SLT Services.
Sue left the NHS in 1996 to start her own Independent Practice.
Sheridan Therapy has been growing steadily since then.
Sue has many years of experience as a general Children’s SLT. She has expertise in working with a wide ranging paediatric case load, including
- Speech and Language Delay and Disorder
- Phonological and Articulation Delay and Disorder, including Dyspraxia.
- Children with Global Developmental Delay
- Glue ear
Sue has specialist expertise and knowledge in working with children with
- Downs Syndrome
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- As a mother of twins she especially enjoys working with twins who have Speech and Language difficulties.
Over the years Sue has developed a wide network of parents and Professionals in the Wimbledon and SW London area. She has developed and maintained close links with Local Education Authorities and Schools (State and Private) and Early Years Provisions.
She has many years of experience of working closely to support parents, teachers and teaching assistants.
Sue has taught Language Development and Early Years Development to a range of other Professionals.
She supports and mentors the next generation of SLT students.